Entry Level Architectural Designer
Entry Level Architectural DesignerSmithGroup, Inc.
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future - for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
The Madison or Milwaukee office of SmithGroup is looking for a Entry Level Architectural Designer to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Perform specific/limited portions of architectural assignments under direct supervision.
- Document changes to architectural drawings as instructed.
- Consult with manufacturers, research and evaluate materials.
- Assist in construction administration including responding to RFI s, preparing sketches and addendum s (CCD s), visiting the construction site to gather information and/or preparing a punch list.
- Receive and follow directions for project assignments.
- Create graphics and research information for inclusion in marketing proposals and materials.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Prior architectural office experience such as summer, co-op and intern work in the AE field.
- LEED AP preferred. Must be eligible to take the Architectural Registration Examination within a few years.
- On-the-job experience using Revit to produce construction documents.
- High proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- The ability to contribute proactively to a project team.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for eight federal holidays. We also promote a healthy work/life balance for our staff which includes?an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays), as well as hybrid work options that give our team the flexibility to work within our vibrant office culture or remotely, as needed.?
Job Type: Full-time