Design Specialist/Educational Planner
Design Specialist/Educational PlannerBray Associates Architects, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Our firm is seeking an experienced educational planning and design expert to join our growing team. This Design Specialist / Educational Planner role includes leadership and engagement during all phases of the architectural project development process with an emphasis on educational planning, programming, schematic design, and design development. The position requires the ability to act as both a leader and collaborative team member to create spaces that align curriculum with architecture, enhance teaching and learning and successfully achieve our clients’ goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, in partnership with the architectural team, a collaborative educational visioning, planning, and design process to establish, communicate, and successfully implement a client’s vision.
- Lead project teams through programming, schematic design, and design development in partnership with project leaders.
- Engage in multiple projects in various phases of development at any one time.
- Prepare for and lead internal design project development meetings.
- Prepare for, participate in, and lead client meetings and engage with users.
- Support clients when necessary in exploring current, proposed, and forward-thinking curriculum and educational delivery practices to ensure alignment with the architectural solutions.
- Develop innovative design concepts that are practical, safe, and aesthetically pleasing to enhance the educational experience and achieve our clients’ goals within the project budget.
- Conduct space planning and create conceptual furniture and equipment layouts.
- Work in partnership with clients, interior designers, and architectural teams, to select educational furniture that aligns with educational delivery and architectural objectives.
- Design and develop Building Information Modeling (BIM), utilizing Revit® and Enscape™ software.
- Participate in firm thought leadership and stay current on educational design best practices and research.
- Work in partnership with architectural and interior design team members to establish cohesive design language and material palettes.
- Research architectural products and materials.
- Maintain an understanding of company standards.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH | UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITY
We are a full-service planning, architecture, interior design, and community engagement firm whose success derives from the quality of our design and the loyalty and trust of our growing client base. Bray has been, and continues to be, Wisconsin’s recognized leader in K–12 educational design. If you are an organized and self-motivated individual with a desire to grow personally and professionally within a highly collaborative environment, we hope to hear from you. It has been an incredible several years at Bray with steady growth in work, employees, and markets served. We have every reason to be excited about the future. Come join us.
We value most our dedicated staff who thrive within a culture of high work ethic, professional growth, commitment to each other and our clients, and supportive and transparent leadership. We have set a high bar of expectation, which is supported with mutual respect, support, and camaraderie.
Bray Associates Architects, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status and protected veteran status.. Requirements:
The ideal candidate shall have attained:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited architecture program
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Autodesk Revit® experience
- Strong organizational skills and comfort level with a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Advanced knowledge of educational planning and design
- Possess creative talent in iterative conceptual design including site planning, building organization and massing, exterior and interior design language, space planning, furniture layouts, and material selection
- Communication/presentation skills to lead meetings with clients and facilitate user engagement
- Willingness to mentor team members and serve as a resource
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Autodesk Revit® expertise
- Experience in K-12 educational design
- Licensed Architect