Architectural Design/DraftspersonChads Design Build
Chads Design Build
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER or DRAFTSPERSON
We are a Design/Build General Contractor in Residential Remodeling in Madison, Wisconsin. This 30 or 40 hour/week position is primarily an “In-Office” role.
We’re looking for an experienced Architect, Architectural Designer or Draftsperson to join our highly creative, collaborative, & energetic Development Team.
We’re excited to work with dependable, innovative problem solvers who design sustainable & pleasing solutions for our clients, utilizing best practice & building science.
- Contribute to the discovery of our clients’ needs, wants, & budgets.
- Listen to our clients. Create concept plan sets during development & accurate construction plan sets for permits & production. Plans must satisfy local codes, aim at Universal Design, and adhere to industry wide best practice or better
- Maintain a collaborative & professional working experience with clients & staff
- Resolve technical & design related issues in development or during production, & work to incorporate innovative, sustainable solutions for clients & community
- Facilitate the estimating process for our Interior Designer & Developer by utilizing our design software to its fullest potential
- Manage the tasks & priorities of the position w/ the team, & help to maintain a reasonably methodical approach to scheduling w/ the Development Mgr.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience. More Preferred
- Proficiency with CAD. Knowledge of Chief Architect preferred.
- Open to continued education, Universal Design training, certifications, etc.
- Firm understanding of materials, building codes, best practice, building science
- Knowledge of residential architectural styles, standards, & trends
- Strong leadership, organization, communication & client management skills
- Must be competent in building assessment and capable of accurately measuring structures & interiors
Daily collaboration w/ team members, face to face client mtgs & trade partner walkthroughs are a typical occurrence for this position. This is not conveniently a “work from home” position for the Development Team. This 30 or 40 hour/week position is primarily an “In-Office” role. Hourly wage or Salary based on skill & experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
Must be Fully Vaccinated & Boostered
Work Location: Multiple Locations