Healthcare Planner Programmer
Healthcare Planner ProgrammerKahler Slater
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Healthcare Planner Programmer
Kahler Slater is seeking a Healthcare Planner Programmer with 5+ years’ experience for our Healthcare team. Successful candidates inspire, motivate and educate. Kahler Slater’s Healthcare Planner Programmer will be design-forward, technically savvy, problem solvers, and a passionate player.
At Kahler Slater, we have intentionally established an open, flexible, team-based culture that encourages individual initiative and team collaboration. We also know we work best when we are having fun! Whether it is a firm retreat, a city-wide scavenger , an @4 happy hour, summer picnic, or softball – we build trusting relationships with each other and create memories along the way. Kahler Slater believes in giving back to the communities where we live, work, and design.
Responsibilities of a Healthcare Planner Programmer:
- Efficiently aids in the collaboration between the end-users, the owner, and the design team throughout all phases of the design process
- Facilitates client meetings
- Partners with the client in determining goals and objectives of the healthcare facility through a clear programming and planning process, including use of lean processes
- Works directly with designers to right-size and develop massing of the building
- Develops, manages, and facilitates measurable data collection through interviews, focus groups, end-user surveys, observation, and post-occupancy evaluation
- Works with a strategist to develop operational volume projections and understands hospital operations
- Continually gain knowledge of industry innovations and challenges
- Develops design layouts in accordance with best practices, guidelines, and codes
- Translates volume projections into an architectural space program
- Effectively collaborates with a variety of project team members during the design process in our team-based working environment
- Helps develop marketing proposals strategies
- Reviews work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and provides QA/QC review of the healthcare teams overall planning work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of a Healthcare Planner Programmer:
- Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design preferred
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare programming and planning
- Experience with lean six sigma in clinical environments preferred
- Excellence in all communications (oral, written, graphic) with the project team, clients, and stakeholders
- Strong facilitator of meetings leading clinical users through the design process
- 5+ years of Revit experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bluebeam experience preferred
- Proficient in digital 3D modeling to communicate planning ideas to users (Preferred)
- Successful team-orientation and collaboration behaviors
- Efficiently responds to client needs
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of healthcare guidelines and codes
- Coaching mindset
- Effective time management with multiple deadlines
- Maintains a positive, professional attitude
Working relationships and scope for a Healthcare Planner Programmer:
- Reports to Project Manager of the project(s)
- Collaborates with other Planners, Project Specialists, Project Architects, and Project Managers
- Represents the firm in alignment with Kahler Slater’s core values
- Mentors staff members
Working conditions of a Healthcare Planner Programmer:
Work is performed in a professional, collaborative, creative, open office environment. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines. Occasional overnight travel is expected as it relates to servicing clients and professional development.
Include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio when you apply.
Kahler Slater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Kahler Slater is an E-verify employer.
Job Type: Full-time