Designer I - Structural
Designer I - StructuralBenesch
Milwaukee, WI 53233
A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
Structural Designer, Entry Level – Milwaukee, WI
Are you a recent graduate looking for an exciting opportunity for professional growth and career advancement? We are hiring a forward-thinking, and dynamic Structural Designer to join our Milwaukee, WI team. As a Structural Designer, you will be responsible for providing design and support for a broad range of structural engineering assignments. You will perform engineering-related calculations, analysis, and design tasks under the supervision of a licensed engineer.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules including opportunities to work remotely, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with!
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for:
- Coordinate drafting requirements for structural engineering design projects
- Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals
- Prepare and route project-related correspondence and record-keeping
- Learn and apply Benesch standards and best practices
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams
- Perform Quality Control to ensure designs, plans and calculations are complete and accurate
- Assist in business development activities, assisting in creating letters of response and technical proposals/presentations
- Support drainage design scope, schedule, and budget development
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines and perform tasks within a given amount of time
- Develop familiarity with a variety of design codes related to the industry
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master's Degree preferred
- Proficient in MS Suite and progressive experience with developing plans and specifications utilizing MicroStation or other structural design and drafting software.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to communicate complex technical concepts to engineers, clients, candidates, and/or public stakeholders